- Page views: 86408
- Number of visitors: 55412
- Domain age: 100 days
- Alexa rank: 1,808,012 (In top 2 million websites in 100 days? Fuck yeah!)
- Blog posts published: 42
- Twitter followers: 381
Most popular blog posts
Note: I’m excluding generic pages (such as the homepage and the about page from this list). Blog posts are written in the following format:
Link to the post (number of pageviews).
- Razotkrivanje Zrinke K(asapić) (16201)
- Reasons Why Windows is Not Ready For Desktop (6722)
- 5 Things You Should NOT Do After Installing elementary OS Freya Beta (2935)
- My elementary OS Workflow (822)
- Basic Facebook Hacks - Who is your biggest “stalker”? (810)
- New Goal: To Learn Something New Every Single Day (607)
- Razlozi mog ateizma (573)
- Material Design in Linux (507)
- Ko koga špijunira u BiH (a i šire)? Slučaj Hacking Team (466)
- A year of Linux has already happened. You missed it. (405)
So, out of 10 most popular posts, seven of them are in English, while three of them are in Bosnian. In total, they’re responsible for 30048/86408 pageviews.
Most popular countries
Name of the country (number of pageviews)
- Croatia (11677)
- United States of America (5260)
- Serbia (1999)
- Bosnia & Herzegovina (1462)
- Germany (1045)
- United Kingdom (1001)
- Canada (771)
- Spain (607)
- Australia (544)
- India (531)
Most popular operating systems
- Windows (22841)
- Android (15217)
- GNU/Linux distributions (8310)
- OS X (7168)
- iOS (5959)
- Windows Phone (914)
The rest of the operating systems are not worth mentioning since they all have less than 500 pageviews.
Most popular browsers
- Chrome (35907)
- Firefox (11258)
- Safari (7826)
- Android Browser (1994)
- Opera (1818)
- Internet Explorer (1402)
The rest of the browsers are not worth mentioning since they all have less than 500 pageviews. Also, note that I have combined the results from mobile and desktop versions of the browsers.
Got most of my traffic from…
- directly (16246)
- m.facebook.com (10156)
- facebook.com (9990)
- google.com (7055)
- reddit.com (2816)
- kompjuteras.com (1653)
- news.ycombinator.com (1632)
- twitter.com (770)
- monitor.hr (653)
- plus.google.com (422)
Short summary of my articles on other websites
I’ve published 20 articles for other websites (10 of which were for Opensource.com and 6 for Kompjuteraš). My very first Opensource.com article (A beginner’s guide to GitHub) was named as the top article of that week, top new article of that month, 4th most popular article of the first half of 2015 and 11th most popular article in 2015.
Have I achieved my goals?
A year ago when I wrote blog stats for 2014, I listed a couple of goals for 2015. Six months later, when I realized that they are bullshit, I have tweaked my goals a bit. Now, let’s see if I have successfully completed them:
Number of views: 75,000Yup. I even surpassed that goal by 11k.
Number of visitors: 50,000Yup.
Number of published articles: 60Yup. 42 on my blog and 20 on other websites.
Number of Twitter followers: 500Nope. 381/500
Buying my own domain(s)Yup. Perfectly happy with the domain I’m currently using.
Redesign of the blogNope. I was too lazy to do this.
Goals for 2016
- Number of pageviews: 200,000
- Number of visitors: 150,000
- Number of published articles: 50
- Number of Twitter followers: 700
- Number of published books: 1 (yup, you’ve heard that right)
2016, here I come!